I’m just going to ignore that fact that I haven’t updated our blog since May….whoops I guess time just kind of got away from me. But Molly turning two is just too big of deal for me to not write some things down. Molly is so much fun to be around I’m not even sure I’ll be able to adequately write down all the awesome things she is doing these days.
- I’m not sure how tall she is we will find out on Thursday at her doctor appointment, but she weighs right around 30 lbs and comfortably wears size 2T clothes and size 6 shoes.
- She talks so much!!!!! Probably around 18 months we stopped keeping track of how many words she had because we couldn’t keep up with her. She is putting together three and four word sentences and has become very inquisitive. She often asks me and Mike “What you doing, Mommy/Daddy”
Molly has gone from walking, to running, to dancing and everything in between (except jumping…she can’t quite get that) and loves to be on the go.
She has also started playing that she is a spider by crawling on her hands and toes and being a dragon or dinosaur stomping around.
- She has started to really have fun with imaginative play…she loves her baby doll, pretend cooking, and her stuffed animals. Often her toys are “sad” and she wants me to help them be happy
- She loves to color and has gotten pretty good at it. She colors with crayons, markers, and color pencils. She is also a huge fan of stickers.
- Molly is a HUGE reader. Most mornings when she wakes up she asks for books and will sit in bed for thirty minutes to an hour reading her books. And throughout the day we read books together and she can be found with her books often. In the last couple weeks she has started reciting back the words from memory. It’s so cool to see her “reading” and having favorite books.
- She continues to be a good eater. She is pretty adventurous and will pretty much always try what we give her. She doesn’t always take another bite but she at least tries. She has some food allergies so that’s something we are always aware of but so far it hasn’t been too limiting.
- She is a very cautious girl. She doesn’t really like new or different situations and stays close to mom or dad.
- We started another school year at Little Wonders. It’s a lot of fun to see her play in a new space and with the other kids.
- She continues to love fish and all things water. She has a set of reusable stickers and the water/fish ones are very worn.
- Of course she has her moments when she melts down, but it’s usually when she’s over tired and we can typically recover pretty quickly. There are those days though when we are both looking forward to daddy coming home.
- She takes one nap a day anywhere from an hour to two, and bedtime is around 7pm and we typically don’t hear from her until about 7 the next morning. We’ve been so blessed with a good sleeper.
- Molly is still in her crib we will probably move to a big bed in the spring or summer.
- She loves to pretend sleep and wants Mom and Dad to fake sleep too. The funny thing is she almost always wakes me up from my pretend slumber, but will stroke Daddy’s hair, say shhh, and make sure he stays sleeping.
- Her favorite thing to say is “Mony do it” She wants to try and do everything and she wants to help with everything.
There are so many more little things that I absolutely adore about her. I’ve said it before and I’m sure I will say it again but I’m so blessed to be her mom. I feel so lucky that she is our girl and I am amazed every day at the wonderful little girl she is growing into. As sad as I am to say goodbye to baby stage I’m even more excited to welcome the toddler stage and see what the next year will bring. Happy Birthday Sweet Girl!!