It’s been awhile since I did an update on Molly. Since turning one her growth and development has slowed down so monthly updates seem a little silly, but she has done some really cool things lately so an update seemed appropriate.
- Molly is officially walking….she was a little late with this but in the past week or so she has really figured it out and is a walker. She will still crawl and walk with assistance but she can and will walk on her own
- She has lots of new words. She will say mama, mommy, daddy, kitty, bye-bye, hi, and go and she will sign more, milk, eat, drink, and please. It’s pretty cool to be able to actually communicate with her.
- At her 15 month check up she weighed 24lbs 13 ounces and is 31 inches long. She continues to be in the 70-75th percentile for height and weight.
- She wears mostly 18 month clothes, but can fit into some 12 month stuff and I’ve put some 24/2T stuff on her it is definitely big but still wearable.
- Molly was super fun at Christmas this year, she really understood what opening presents was all about and had a lot of fun unwrapping her gifts (and mama and daddy’s gifts too). She was actually more interested in the gift than the paper and boxes which was cool. I didn’t expect that.
- She has really grown in her play skills. She will play with her baby doll giving it it’s pacifier and bottle, and holding and rocking it. She loves to dance and listen to music. And when she’s grumpy singing a song will almost always cheer her up. Books have been and continue to be a favorite toy.
- She is sleeping about 10-11 hours at night and takes two naps a day.
It amazes me daily what she does and how she is growing into such a little person. Every day she does something that is so funny or sweet. I love that I get to be her mom and share all this fun with her.